Matthew J. Moynihan
Matthew Moynihan’s practice focuses on civil litigation and workers’ compensation defense.
He has represented clients in personal injury matters, premises liability, products liability, toxic torts, federal and state workers’ compensation, employment matters, contract negotiations, and contract disputes.
Matthew has appeared in courts and administrative bodies throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, as well as administrative proceedings before all levels of the Department of Labor.
In addition to his litigation experience, Matthew is well-versed in alternative methods of resolution, including arbitration and mediation.
Matthew has represented, among others, individuals, small businesses, large corporations, restaurants, shipping companies, hotels, department stores, towns and cities in Virginia, with a focus on resolving each matter in the best possible outcome for his clients.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Norfolk/Portsmouth Bar Association
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- Chair of Norfolk Public School Board’s Special Education Advisory Committee
- Board Member, YMCA JT’s Camp Grom, a location of the YMCA of South Hampton Roads