Courtney A. Anderson
Courtney is an Associate in our Richmond, Virginia office. Her practice is focused on representing employers and carriers defending workers’ compensation and domestic relations matters in Virginia.
Before joining Ford Richardson, Courtney litigated various matters, with a focus on domestic relations law as well as adult and juvenile criminal matters in Juvenile, General District, and Circuit Courts throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. Prior to entering private practice, Courtney completed a judicial externship for the Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court for the County of Henrico.
Courtney received her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, graduating with honors for her thesis in behavioral pharmacology and neuroscience, at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. Courtney then obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Richmond School of Law. While in law school, Courtney served as senior staff on the Richmond Public Interest Law Review, sat as the Pro Bono Veterans Appeals Chair for the Veterans and Military Law Association, and was awarded the Carrico Center Pro Bono Certificate in 2017. In 2019, Courtney was named to the Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars List and she currently sits as the young lawyers chair for the Chesterfield Bar Association.
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- Richmond Public Interest Law Review, Senior Staff
- Veterans and Military Law Association, Pro Bono Veterans Appeals Chair
- Carrico Center Pro Bono Certificate, 2017
- Virginia Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2019
- Virginia Bar Association
- Chesterfield Bar Association
- Henrico Bar Association
- Metro Richmond Women’s Bar Association
- Family Law Section of the Virginia State Bar